Sunday, March 29, 2009

Google Docs powerpoint

Since I learned about how Google Docs works, and how easy it is for two or more people to collaborate on a project, I have been asking students to use google docs when creating powerpoint presentations. Students say it is easy and it is helpful, so I thought I would give it a try. I have only transferred a small portion of my class notes for the various coursed I teach into powerpoints, so when I did decide to make a powerpoint last week, I thought I would use Google Docs. Much to my surprise, I could not figure out how to import graphs, pictures, etc. Now I know I am technically challenged, to say the least, and I haven't used powerpoints that much, but the previous ones I had created, I was able to navigate these aspects pretty easily. Anyway, true to my form, and under some time restraints, I abandoned Google Docs, and went to a template I found of of MSN. I am sure that with a little more time and effort, it would have worked out, but I was frustrated. If there is any quick way to point out the mechanics of this it would be appreciated!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Google Presentation is one of the things we are exploring in April's training, so hopefully we can get your questions answered!